If you like cooking and you own and iPad or any other tablet you have probably found yourself using it in the kitchen. I bet that you mainly use it to view a recipe you have found on one of those cooking website.
However, if you like us, you often find yourself taping on the tablet screen (or ON button) trying to wake it up from his deep sleep so you can take another glance on the recipe directions. Oh and I bet that you have to scroll to find where you have left off. Once you are done, your tablet screen is filled with “greasy” fingerprints at best.
That is why we have added the cooking page to WhizScreen.
Now, you can easily use your tablet screen in the kitchen without the need to tap the screen and “wake” the tablet (as the screen will always stay on). WhizScreen will present the recipe ingredients and directions in an easy to read format so scrolling is rarely needed. To make things even easier you can use WhizScreen timer capabilities to set a timer directly from your recipe screen or by using Amazon’s Alexa.
How does it work?
- Download the WhizScreen Control App. This is a different app than the WhizScreen app. The WhizScreen control app can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store. The app should be installed on your tablet or phone.
- Open the app and sign-in with your WhizScreen credentials
- Choose the Kitchen option from the menu
- On the Kitchen Control page, click one of the green buttons to browse one of the supported cooking websites. Currently WhizSceren supports browsing the popular allrecipes.com, foodnetwork.com and food.com websites.
- Browse the website and find a recipe
- Once you find a recipe (i.e. you have browsed to the recipe webpage), close the browser window (by clicking the X or done buttons). The selected recipe URL will be shown in the Recipe URL field on the Kitchen page.
- Choose a room to send this recipe to and click the “send recipe to screen” button.
- Clicking the “send recipe to screen” will immediately inform your WhizScreen, in the selected room, to change to the Kitchen page and display the selected recipe in an easy to read format.
- You can now ask Alexa or tap on a time (on the recipe screen) to start a timer. The timer will be shown on the same page as the recipe allowing you to continue the important work of cooking.
- You can tap the Directions title to flip between Ingredients and Directions
We hope you will enjoy cooking with WhizScreen