We have released WhizScreen 1.3.
The new release includes 2 main features:
- Cooking helper
- Overlay menu – to take actions
We wanted to create something for all you “chefs”. Have WhizScreen in the kitchen? use it to display your favorite recipes in an easy to read format. Your screen will stay on so there is no need to tap the screen to turn it back on every few minutes. To make it even easier, you can set a timer directly from the recipe only by tapping the highlighted recommended cooking time or by asking Alexa. Just say “Alexa, ask WhizScreen to set a timer for X hours/minutes/seconds”, the timer is displayed in the same page as your recipe so you can continue cooking and still see how much time is left. You can stop (clear) the timer directly from the page or by saying “Alexa, ask WhizScreen to clear”.
- Open WhizScreen control app on your iOS or Android device and choose the Kitchen item from the menu.
- Under the Kitchen page, choose one of the 3 recipes websites and tap the relevant button
- Once taped on a button a browser window will be opened. Navigate to the recipe page you will like to send to your WhizScreen.
- Once you find the recipe page, close the browser window and tap the “send” button. This will “send” the recipe you have chosen , to your tablet’s screen.
We want to add more recipes websites, please send us your recommendations.
The idea behind this new experimental feature is to allow SmartThings users to use a SmartApp called SmartTiles within WhizScreen. Once this new feature is enabled (the new feature can be enabled from the Settings page), and connected to the SmartTiles app, SmartThings users can create action buttons (for example “turn off light”) and embed those buttons on top of any screen in the WhizScreen app. A new menu button, displayed on any WhizScreen page allows the user to open this overlay menu and take an action.
For more advanced users, this new feature can be used to embed any website on top of any page in WhizScreen. This allows our advanced users to add their own actions to any WhizScreen page.